Senior Support Worker (SL)
Senior Support Worker (Supported Living Service)
37.5hrs per week
Based in our supported living services in Bideford
£12.41 per hour rising to £12.85 per hour after a successfull 6 month probationary period.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a motivated individual to assist the Service Manager with a range of leadership responsibilities, to include providing supervision and support for an identified team and reviewing and maintaining care and support documentation.
The post holder will form part of the management structure by working alongside another Senior supporting the Service Manager to support people in a new shared supported living service in Bideford. Providing person-centred support, in response to each individual’s needs and aspirations, will require the post holder to be flexible and responsive to change. The position will involve working evenings, weekends and sleep ins.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• To be willing to undertake additional required training commensurate with the post.
• Social care qualification, or willingness to undertake this.
• Ideally have previous experience of leading a team in a similar service.
The Northam Care Trust is one of the largest social care providers in North Devon with charitable and limited company status employing over 260 staff in our expanding Service Continuum. We have been in operation for 45 years and are a not for profit Charity which means every penny gets reinvested into our staff and clients.
• Full e-learning training provided including the opportunity for professional qualifications.
• Double pay for bank holidays.
• Enhanced overtime rate.
• Birthday leave.
• Company pension scheme.
• Additional annual leave for length of service up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
• Training & Attendance Bonuses.
• Membership discount with ARC for racquet sports & gym.
• Cash staff referral scheme.
• Free Will Writing service.
• Cycle to work scheme.
How to apply:
Online Application Form (preferable) - Click Here (opens in another window)
E-Mail (including full CV or downloaded completed Application Form available at the top of the page) – firstname.lastname@example.org
POST (including full CV or completed Application Form) – The Northam Care Trust, Rose Hill, Heywood Road, Bideford, Devon EX39 3PG