Support Worker (Supported Living) SM
Summary of role
The key purpose of the role is to provide excellent support to people with disabilities whilst respecting their preferences and choices, enabling them to participate in their community as valued citizens. The position will involve working evenings, weekends and occasional sleep ins on a rota basis. Overtime is available for days and sleep in nights.
£11.00 per hour starting rate rising to £11.43 per hour after a successful 6 month probation period.
We are looking for:
· Supportive and caring individuals to promote independence & choice, help people achieve their personal outcomes and develop new skills through person centred planning.
· Confident individuals to support people through physical care, assistance or prompting in accordance with individual care plans, respecting dignity and preferences.
· Someone with a positive attitude, who can demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness and a willingness to develop new skills.
The Northam Care Trust is one of the largest social care providers in North Devon with charitable and limited company status employing over 260 staff in our expanding Service Continuum. We have been in operation for 45 years and are a not for profit Charity which means every penny gets reinvested into our staff and clients.
· Full e-learning training provided including the opportunity for professional qualifications.
· Double pay for bank holidays.
· Enhanced overtime rate.
· Birthday leave.
· Company pension scheme.
· Additional annual leave for length of service up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
· Training & Attendance Bonuses.
· 20% membership discount with ARC for racquet sports & gym.
· Cash staff referral scheme.
· Free Will Writing service.
· Cycle to work scheme.
How to apply:
Online Application Form (preferable) - Click Here (opens in another window).
CV’s or downloaded application form (available at the top of the page) can be emailed to email@example.com.
Postal applications can be sent to – HR Manager, The Northam Care Trust, Rose Hill, Heywood Road, Bideford, Devon EX39 3PG